- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup golden corn syrup
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- With a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and beat until soft peaks form, set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add 1/3 cup water, corn syrup, and 2/3 cup sugar.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until the mixture reaches firm ball stage (instructions below) or 248 degrees on a candy thermometer. This step will take about 15 minutes.
- Once the corn syrup mixture has reached firm ball stage, turn the mixer onto medium and in a slow steady stream, pour the corn syrup mixture into the beaten egg whites.
- Once all of the corn syrup mixture has been added, beat on high for 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and beat on high 1 minute
- Store in a tightly sealed container